I have looked high and low for a sun block that would suit my skin. Finally, I have found one!
SpectraBAN SC Sun Screen SPF 40 by Stiefel
For people that require protection from harmful UV rays. Ideal for those with acne prone /oily skin. Apply on the area exposed to sunlight (such as face, neck & body) atleast 30 min before exposure. Massage on to skin until absorbed.
- SpectraBAN SC contains SPF 40 and protects both from UVA & UVB rays.
- Contains sebomicropore structure that absorbs oil/ sebum.
- Hyppoallergenic and non- comedogenic.
|SpectraBAN SC Sun Screen SPF 40|
Prior to this, I was using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-touch Sun Block SPF 30 which wasn’t bad but the only thing I did not like about it was that it made my face shiny after a couple of hours. God bless each one of you, one of my readers suggested I try this and I did. I have to say, I love it. I think I have found my HG!
SpectraBAN comes in a 45ml bottle with a pump. It’s in a gel form – not your typical sun block lotion – and says it’s specifically designed for people with combination/oily skin types. If you’re familiar with face primers, you can tell that it feels exactly like a face primer but much lighter. I spread the product on my face and let it sink; giving it a minute or two. You can definitely put on makeup afterwards. It has no smell, does not feel greasy and the best part; it controls sebum (oil) on my face – my sister with oily skin agrees to it as well. The oil control lasts for good four hours. Not that my face gets greasy after wards, but after those four hours, I can see slight shine peeking through which, truthfully speaking, is acceptable to me. Since it’s silicone-based, it acts as a foundation primer and helps makeup to blend and last. Also, it didn't break me out.
I am a very curious person so I dug deeper. I found a few things that I would like to share:
- It says it contains Cyclopentasiloxane (or CPS for short) which is a type of silicone that feels water thin on application, is supposed to moisturize, sooth and add glow to the face. It is also used in hair conditioning products to make hair shiny and frizz-free.
- It also says it contains Dimethicone Crosspolymer, found in skin products, feels silky smooth and helps instantly diminish wrinkles.
- It has Bemotrizinol which is a broad-spectrum UV absorber, absorbing both UVB and UVA rays.
You might like it if…
- You have a combination/oily skin.
- You are looking for sun block that’s controls sebum.
- It helps in foundation blending and makes it last longer.
- You expect it to moisturize your skin.
- You are allergic to silicones.
- You think it’s pricey.
SpectraBAN SC Sun Screen SPF 40 is priced PKR 1900 and is available at all pharmacies across Pakistan. This product is made by Stiefel which is available in the U.S, Australia, India, Thailand and most parts of Europe.